Open consulting hours
Freelance software developer / designer / strategist and Macalester professor Paul Cantrell makes his consulting services available for all Macalester students.
Bring your software project. Or your idea for one. Or your total lack of an idea. Or just your wish to get involved with building cool stuff.
Open consulting hours are remote during the pandemic. Get help with your project at a safe social distance — but with the same up-close attention as ever! Grab any open appointment slot to get help.
Paul can help you with questions at any point in the software project lifecycle, whether technical, design-related, or strategic:
- How do I get involved in building software? Where do I even start?
- I have an idea. Is it feasible? How should I approach it?
- How should I design my project so that it really works for the people who will use it?
- What tool is best for this job? What language, platform, and architecture should I use to implement my idea?
- I’m stuck on a technical problem. How do I solve it?
- My software works. What should I work on next to improve it?
- What skills, tools, or roles should I learn next? How can I prepare myself for work and play in the software world beyond Macalester?
Sound good? Book an appointment slot!
If you’re not sure whether you should bring Paul your question, ask him. He is friendly, and loves bad puns.